This Buyer / Procurement role has come up due to continuous growth and expansion, and offers an exciting opportunity with progression within a dynamic business. Part of the ISC department, reporting to the senior finished product buyer. Strong relation with R&I and GSS (Gewiss as a Service) teams and BU leaders and team member of the Digital transformation project related to the Servitisation.
Key responsibilities for the position of Buyer / Procurement Specialist:
- Scout and source products and services across categories including hardware, software and services
- Understand and apply standard procurement principles
- Be able to work to deadlines and contracted KPIs - focus on quick turnaround and savings
- Respond to internal request for quotation
- Be confident negotiating price, payment terms and delivery timescales to achieve targets and increase savings for our customers
- Evaluate supplier price, quality, and delivery performance
- Onboard new suppliers and maintain existing supplier records
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships through effective communications
- Prepare and implement appropriate forms of contract commitment with suppliers, engaging legal counsel and senior management when required
- Understand customer needs and take prompt action on their requests
- Stay current and up to date on market changes that may affect the supply and demand of products/services. Communicate this effectively to relevant stakeholders
- Attend meetings and update other colleagues on issues or concerns to share best practice and define processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Production and maintenance of bespoke reports
- Key experience and skills required for the position of Buyer / Procurement Specialist - IT (hardware & software)
- Knowledge of the electronic components market.
- Management, in support of R&I, of the life cycle of the product / component, identification of supply alternatives and phase in phase out management, BOM analysis, etc.